|Author||Richard A. Knaak|
|Series||The Dragonrealm Series|
|Followed by||Ice Dragon|
Firedrake is the first novel of the Dragonrealm Series.
|“||In the ultimate war between humans and fiery, shape-shifting beings, Duke Toma, bent on utter supremacy, has unleashed every conceivable evil on the world of the Dragon Kings. Only one person will dare to challenge him: Cabe Bedlam, a mere youth cast adrift in a world where none can be trusted. Yet at his command is a formidable arsenal... a fierce warrior tradition imparted by regal, still-living forbears... the fabulous gifts of the witch Gwen, the ravishing Lady of the Amber... and the magical Horned Blade, the sword that promises its bearer total mastery of the many menacing forms of man and beast.||”|
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
Cabe Bedlam Begins in the story as an innkeeper. The Brown Dragon calls him out to kill him, and get honor and glory from his fellow Dragon Kings. Cabe surprise attacks the Brown Dragon, killing him with a Light Arrow, a magical weapon which can only be called upon by a great sorcerer.
The warlock Shade gives Cabe a horse, and his adventure begins. He goes into the Dagora Forest and rescues the Lady of the Amber, the beautiful Gwendolyn. Gwen and Cabe, along with the Cabe's demonic horse, Darkhorse, go to fight the Dragon Kings.
- Knaak, Richard A. Firedrake. Questar, May 1989. ISBN 9780445209404
- Knaak, Richard A. Dragones de Fuego. Translation Gemma Gallar. Timun Mas, 1991. ISBN 8441305307 (Spanish translation)
- Knaak, Richard A. Drago di fuoco. Translation Paola Tomaselli. Mondadori, March 1992. ISBN ??? (Italian translation)
- Knaak, Richard A. Firedrake. Backinprint.com, May 2000. ISBN 9780595092147
- Knaak, Richard A. Ohnivý drak. Trans. Hana Vlčinská. Timun Mas, 2004. ISBN 8086354458 (Czech translation)